Sunday 10 April 2016

Maggie: home-made, environmentally friendly cleaning products


I forgot to sign up early for the Sunday afternoon workshop at MDE Restinclières on how to make your own environmentally friendly housecleaning products, but someone cancelled at the last minute, and I was able to attend.  

Although both Serge and Emily asked why I was bothering to go since I don’t do any housecleaning, I found it very informative.  I haven’t yet tried the scouring cream I made during the second part of the workshop, but I’m using the dishwashing liquid every day.

I learned that there’s a very old-fashioned “droguerie” in Nîmes, and hope to find time to go there.  I might be able to buy some Bionett, made with beef bile, which is said to be absolutely fantastic for removing stains.  Otherwise, it’s available on the internet, but that’s not as much fun.

Editor:  for reasons of space, all of the powerpoint slides are not included on Scriveners.  Drop Maggie a line
if you would like the full webalbum.   






No comments:

Post a Comment