Thursday 11 September 2014

Lea: AWG's new arrival



I come from a French Family. Both of my parents were born and lived in France and so is my big sister, Manon. My name is Léa and I was born in US on August 29th 2012 so I just turned 2 and I am the only American Woman in my family but my whole family is delighted of being a part of the AWG-LR.

My dad, Yoan, was born nearby Paris and grew up in the 91 department. He is a molecular biologist with multi interests : he is a musician  (previous violoncellist, he still enjoys playing the guitar and the piano). He also is very interested in the cinema. When he was student, he even realized a few short movies, just for fun… but he did it quite seriously. He loves taking beautiful pictures too. But to define him today, I should say that he is a really devoted father.
My mum, Barbara is a true Parisian. She was born in “Paris “18ème” and grew up in the 92 department where my grand-parents used to have a restaurant. She would help them from time to time while she was a student. She lived a few years in Belgium for her studies and she is now a French Speech and Language pathologist. She is passionate by her work but she is also very dedicated to her own children, my sister and me. 
My sister Manon is a little less than 3 years older than me. She is a lot of fun and teaches me so many things. Like Mum, she was born in Paris. But after 6 months back in France she still misses the US where she has most of her memories. Indeed, she was 9 months when she moved in Palo Alto with our parents.
We are all very happy in the Languedoc-Roussilon but we enjoyed so much our experience in California. None of us is over it and by joining this wonderful association AGW-LR, we are all looking forward to share American moments which will relate us to our wonderful and happy life in California. 
What we miss the most from California? Our dearest friends, the great playgrounds and children’s museums and the way adults talk to children and respect them in each stage of their development, teaching them how to be confident in life.

                By Léa K-G with a bit of help from my mother, Barbara.

No comments:

Post a Comment