Friday 13 March 2015

Maggie: Join me on the Bridge 2015

Photo credits:  Serge Palu

Here are the Join Me on the Bridge photos.




I decided to go beyond the AWG-LR club membership in search of ladies to join me on the bridge in Montpellier on Sunday, March 8. While waiting for other members to join me, I stopped women who were walking along the designated bridge, and asked them if they had a few minutes to help celebrate International Women's Day and show solidarity with women worldwide. I took the opportunity to tell them about the bridge between Rwanda and the DRC, and shared with them the belief that it is women who will do the most to work for world peace. Only one woman refused to be in the photo, and the others took my AWG card with the FAWCO website address so they can get more info about us. The two young joggers in pink seemed the most interested.











No comments:

Post a Comment