Thursday 15 January 2015

Caroline Grasset: Je suis Charlie

 Editor:  this posting was written in the immediate aftermath of the Paris terror attacks
 
Caroline writes:  I would like you to post my message on Scrivener's, it is my definition of Je suis Charlie. 

Last night I posted on Facebook "Je suis CHARLIE!". A couple of hours later a friend from the States who obviously hadn't seen International news yet commented on my status asking for a translation.
This is my answer:
 
"Translation:  I AM CHARLIE. Today however it is a cry for freedom of speech and liberty of the press. It is an exclamation against yesterday's terrorist attack at the Paris headquarters of the newspaper Charlie Hebdo where 12 people were killed and amongst them four of France's best comic artists who used pencils and humor to fight terrorism and fundamentalism and were gunned down by automatic weapons.

This is the translation of" I AM CHARLIE"!

No comments:

Post a Comment