Sunday 9 June 2013

Maggie: La Montpellier Reine run

Here are a few photos from La Montpellier Reine on May 26th.


I was very proud of myself for jogging most of the way.  I had to jog just to try to keep up with everyone else, since my walking speed just cannot compete.  Unfortunately I suffered on Monday and Tuesday.  Despite the fact that we walked 8 to 10 km almost every day during the second week of the school hols, and we climbed the Croix Rousse in Lyon, and I do Scottish dancing almost every week, there are muscles in my legs that evidently had not been getting a sufficient workout.  Now I know why some of you mentioned training and preparation for La Montpellier Reine.

 
 The team which Chris organised, the Long Duck Ladies, won a trophy for the largest group that was not a business effort.  For some reason, though, the trophy is inscribed "la plus grande famille."  Chris said she heard some remarks about the family having an unusually large number of women.
Once again, thanks to Chris for organising this -m.  

No comments:

Post a Comment